Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Real stone tiles left out in the rain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Ourmaninthenort

Hi,

Please can you help?

I have recently purchased some dirty, real stone applestone white polished floor and wall tiles from ebay at a majorly discounted price (I have already bought some other brand new ones, but could only get three quarters of the amount required at the time). The dirty tiles were never sealed and have been stored outside for quite some time. They have some major watermarks on them as they were left under trees. The guy who I bought them from told me that they would clean up quite easily with white spirit; I have tried this and it has had little effect.

Could anyone recommend a way to clean them so that they look like new?

Also, once we get them installed, will they mis colour quicker that the brand new tiles?

Your help is very gratefully recieved:thumbsup:

E

enduro

Hi,

Please can you help?

I have recently purchased some dirty, real stone applestone white polished floor and wall tiles from ebay at a majorly discounted price (I have already bought some other brand new ones, but could only get three quarters of the amount required at the time). The dirty tiles were never sealed and have been stored outside for quite some time. They have some major watermarks on them as they were left under trees. The guy who I bought them from told me that they would clean up quite easily with white spirit; I have tried this and it has had little effect.

Could anyone recommend a way to clean them so that they look like new?

Also, once we get them installed, will they mis colour quicker that the brand new tiles?

Your help is very gratefully recieved:thumbsup:

If it is applestone you wont be able to remove the marks. On of the worst stones for marking. Not the answer you wanted.

Reply to Real stone tiles left out in the rain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Which Tile Adhesive and grout brand did you use the most in the last 12 months? And also...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Real stone tiles left out in the rain
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.