Discuss recent job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

boldydave

051.JPG 048.JPG 057.JPG 052.JPG 053.JPG 025.JPG 022.JPG 024.JPG just wanted to share some pictures of my most recent job.took a lot longer than i thought,but customer(and me)were over the moon with the results.if anyone can see a better way of setting out the window wall to avoid the small cuts on the left hand side,please let me know.i also ran to about 15% waste.i know that`s quite high but i only spoilt a few tiles.do all you pros all manage to work within 10% or does it depend on the job? cheers dave.

T

tfs

waste can be increased when setting out certain ways. For example if you choose to centre a vertical border/ feature tile then this determines waste with cut at either end of the wall (if starting a full tile at either side of the vertical border/ feature)

I recently fitted 25x33 tiles in a bathroom with a vertical border centred on the main wall and this resulted in more more waste than normal. In tis case there would also have been less waste if the tiles were not fitted landscape.

So I guess it realy can come down to design, planning and setting out

A

aph257

you got it.it`s the pull cord.the customer wanted to put the architrave up last so i just tiled around where it will go.the b and q fitters messed up the cut to the basin and they`re coming back with a new panel next week.it was great to have all that space and also no carpets throughout the house so could relax a bit about dust and mess.

Say no more!!!!

Reply to recent job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
recent job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.