Discuss Recently patched corner of concrete floor - when can I tile? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

S.Mack

Soon to start tiling the floor of our new utility/shower room. The concrete floor has been in place since the extension was built in the 60s and is in good nick. However we needed to patch a corner of the floor where we had to bring in the mains water pipe under the external wall. It is filled with a straightforward cement/sand mix; the area filled is about 60mm deep at its deepest section, and about 60x20mm surface area.

How long do we need to wait for it to cure before I can tile over the top? As it's only a small patch do I still have to follow the 1 day per mm depth rule? It will be the corner behind the toilet so won't get any foot traffic, just the toilet brush sitting on it! Am really hoping I don't have to wait 60 days.

Thanks in advance for the helpful replies I know will be forthcoming from you lovely people :smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Recently patched corner of concrete floor - when can I tile? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Had wet system UFH installed on a concrete subfloor to the whole ground floor ie living room...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB