Discuss Recipe for a Failure in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Visiting my local Topps and was chatting to the manageress,she was telling me a tiler was having problems with a certain adhesive, the tiles had popped off even though he had primed the ply with Bal apd so he was then supplied with some Bal sbr which might improve adhesion.
She said to the tiler bring a bit of your ply down (which he did) and I will test some tiles on it with the same addy, so off she went off to show me the bit of ply she had received, it was warped and 3mm thick, I said he should'nt be using that and the reply was it was well screwed down, screwed down it won't stay there if it was welded to the floor boards.
I did ask if he was a diyer, no he's a proper tiler..:yikes:

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Park Gate
They must be doing well out of people that dont know any better to be honest. When I questioned the price and told him what I would normally pay, I was told, "Well it is Bal!" And he wouldn't negotiate at all. There was a Wickes next door so I went in there on the off chance. White fast set SPF on the shelf for £20.14. Still more then I would normally pay but it got me out of a hole. More to the point it wasn't £63!!!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Im quite pally with the lads at my local topps. I get some great deals if i go straight to the store manager. But generally it's 15% across the board which is pants.
I got a very good deal on some laminate flooring recently though. Had to tile a display for them but worked out 50%ish off. Its naff the other half very happy. Just need time to lay it now.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Recipe for a Failure in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hoping for some advice. We purchased some splitface slate tiles from tilegiant and had...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
Hi all I hope you are well. After a bit of advice. I am installing some plumbing under the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB