Discuss Reclaimed Tiles 200 years old in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Northeast
Hi
Picked up this job, 200 year old reclaimed tiles from a cattle barn in france. There 300x400x 25mm approx, bowed.
There to go on to wet underfloor heating.
20180808_120235.jpg
Clay is really all the info i have with no glaze.
There extremely dry if that makes sense and i have concerns they may suck the moisture from the mix and debond, any ideas how i can reduce that risk.
Any recommendations addys, sealers
20180808_120240.jpg
and grouts, I leaning towards ditra mat as I can't see these tiles liking the underfloor heating.
20180808_120240.jpg

Thanks in advance
D

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Reclaimed Tiles 200 years old in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello! I’m hoping I can get some advice on what to do in my kitchen RE wanting to replace the...
Replies
Views
Happy Friday All We have launched the NEW Nicobond Grout Pro Flexible range. I am happy to...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views
Hi I have tiled several floors over the years, but have now taken on my largest task which is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB