UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss recommended Adhesive for fixing ceramic tile to skimmed/painted wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

seka1980

hi there
Im going to tile our kitchen splash back next week which is currently skimmed plasterboard which has been painted.
can anyone please recommend me a Adhesive to use, ive only ever used bal singe part flexible in the past, would a tubed addy be better
also should I sand down the paintwork 1st?

tiles im using are [h=2]Bevelled Edge Brick Ceramic Wall Tile[/h]

cheers
jon

Last edited by a moderator:

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
You can only pack out so far with powder addy, depends what it states on the bag.

What size are your ceramics? if they are a max of 300mm x 300mm then i would use a tubbed adhesive if your walls are flat.

did i stipulate what depths you could and couldnt go to? i dont think i did.

i am well aware you can only pack out so far and since seka is asking about a splashback area i would assume there isnt huge voids

please dont try and belitle me

S

Stef

did i stipulate what depths you could and couldnt go to? i dont think i did.

i am well aware you can only pack out so far and since seka is asking about a splashback area i would assume there isnt huge voids

please dont try and belitle me

Whos trying to belittle you?
seka asked a question & im just trying to answer it.
You stated to pack it out, i was only pointing out that you can only go so far with a powder the way you can with tubbed adhesive
This was directed at seka because they wont know these things, thats why they are on here, for advice.

P

paul78

If its a skimmed plasterboard then the chances are the walls are in reasonable condition. Tiles that size on a small area i would be using tubbed adhesive as you will find it easier to work with plus you can just put the lid back on if you want a break if your not experienced while you scratch your head thinking. Double check the worktop is level before you start, you would be surprised. Everyone likes pics also :smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to recommended Adhesive for fixing ceramic tile to skimmed/painted wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.