Discuss Recommending other trades in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

What way do you work it when you're asked by a customer to recommend another trade eg a plasterer but you have 3 plasterers of equal skill who feed you work?

I usually give out the number for a plumber who would go out of his way to help me most out of 7 who give me regular work. Priced a bathroom a few weeks ago and when the customer asked for a plumber, I gave his number. Got a call from another plumber a few days ago who has started giving me a bit of work, wanting to book me in for a job in the same street. Turned out it was the same customer and when she discovered that I would be tiling it, she had said that I had recommended another plumber. I think he was a bit miffed. :lol: Do you take it turn about or just give one name out all the time?

Whoops, wrong section.

Ooops, that was a bit of bad luck Peter too ,lol. Thankfully I use just two plumbers who actually work through each other. Leave it up to them. Thankfully in this neck of the woods they'll organise they're own joiner or plasterer. Regards studs and boxing things I'd rather do it myself. I'd be slower but at least it's made the way I want it. To be honest it's only the tilers (or wannabes) that ***** about stealing work round here lol. They then go into the shops and yap about why they didn't get the job or even get asked. There's a Reason for that in cases but a few of them are plain greedy & want it all.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
All joinery work I do myself, but have a joiner friend and we fit our own kitchens but help each other with worktops. We don't charge each other, just the customer, and then owe each other days. I have 2 plumbers, 1 for bathrooms and 1 for kitchens with gas. Have 2 electricians and that's on the flip of a coin, I have a regular plasterer, he's always busy so have to book in advance.

We all recommend each other and it works really well. :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Recommending other trades in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB