Discuss regal porcelain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

I think they must have tested this to recommend , it is an impregnator , I would test an unlaid tile saturate ,remove excess - let cure for stated time and check your grout release on test tile , at least then you can be confident to progress onto your floor area. Or use what you are confident with poss a specific porcelain impregnator .

Bob, how does an impregnator sealer work on porcelain if the tile is designed not to absorb moisture?
Take it the tile isn't fully vitrified?

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
Hi stef, generally any impregnator will take up any porosity that is there( very minimal) then you are lining the micro pores of the surface of the tiles to give you further protection through the install but also after for maintaining. Un sealed Polished will get slightly deeper into the pore- due to to polishing process. This required unless stated nano or pre sealed
extra last coat will then top up tile and give your cementisiouse grout water and oil reppelance if required .

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Hi stef, generally any impregnator will take up any porosity that is there( very minimal) then you are lining the micro pores of the surface of the tiles to give you further protection through the install but also after for maintaining. Un sealed Polished will get slightly deeper into the pore- due to to polishing process. This required unless stated nano or pre sealed
extra last coat will then top up tile and give your cementisiouse grout water and oil reppelance if required .
Hi bob.
do you have/ recommend a grout sealer?
Its for my own wet room shower.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
I would go over the whole lot- our protective impregnator- or others avalible -we do a grout protector too, give extra saturation on the grout areas prior to buffing dry with either.

Mildew away - if you need to get rid of this first
thanks for that. I've never had this problem before, at least It is on my own shower. I used two different bags of micro flex. I ran out halfway through the bathroom and as it was on a Sunday I got some more from Tops! It seemed different to the usual and took ages to go off.
This was last November.
Sorry to hijack the thread.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to regal porcelain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have an ofuro or Japanese deep soaking bath in my ensuite. Think a mini indoor hot tub...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB