UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss regrouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

i have had a call today regarding a regrout job. I told her to call back in a week as I am booked til end of May. I wanted to get on here first to ask first of all what you guys and gals all charge for this and is it really worth me doing it when I recently had to use a rake on a friends and I was sick in seconds.

Are the fein's worth their money for removing grout?

Cheers

Cameron

M

Mike Mike

i have had a call today regarding a regrout job. I told her to call back in a week as I am booked til end of May. I wanted to get on here first to ask first of all what you guys and gals all charge for this and is it really worth me doing it when I recently had to use a rake on a friends and I was sick in seconds.

Are the fein's worth their money for removing grout?

Cheers

Cameron

If you go ahead with the job then you charge her time and materials. How much do you want to earn in a day? Divide that number by 8 and that's your hourly rate. Doesn't matter what anyone else on here says you should charge. Time and materials for this job, earn what you need, and be honest if she asks you how long it will take: "I don't know until I start and see how easily or hard it comes out".

If that's not acceptable to the customer then you just saved yourself a tedious job. :lol:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I've used the Bosch PMF multitool for this. Awesome bit of kit. Never tried the alternatives.

I get the occassional job like this from topps on their approved fitter scheme. I hate it but to be fair you can earn a pretty penny if you just get stuck into it. I see these 1/2 day maintenance jobs as what puts a few extra pennies in my pocket to treat the family.

B

Brindle

Done several showers for same customer using the Bosch. Dusty, laborious work...but proper mask and goggles on, head down and day rate plus any materials. On my first one I stuck the bosch itself on it : ) They do burn out mind you.
I found it virtually impossible to avoid the odd little chip here and there on the tiles though which I did warn them about beforehand. As someone else said though, if the grout is soft, a fresh stanley blade will do a good job too.
Bob

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to regrouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Hi everyone, I've just done a job where I had to match up to some existing tiling which were...
Replies
Views
J
Hi everyone, I'm renovating an apartment floor that is tiled about 80sqm. It has a very badly...
Replies
Views
jaykruger
J
P
As a newbie to a Wet Room I have just inherited I am hoping you can help me. I have a 2/3 Bar...
Replies
Views
plug_it_in
P
A
Hi all Am new to this, just had my en-suite ripped out and replaced, tiles are floor to...
Replies
Views
B
Hi Guys and Girls, Im just after more advise here, but i've been asked to go and look at a job...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.