Discuss Relative Humidity in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Good Evening

With having a couple of screeds coming up and using hygrometers I have been thinking about how the readings of relative humidity can fluctuate due to circumstances.

I'm lead to believe that the temperature in a room affects the RH reading for instance if the temperature in a room drops, the atmosphere can hold less moisture so the RH reading then goes up and vica versa if the temperature rises.

Is it right to suggest say in summer when the sun is coming through large bi folding doors and the room temp rises the rh reading will be lower than when at night the temp drops, the room becomes a lot colder and rh higher.

If this is the case is this one of the reasons why within 24hrs digital hygrometers can give quite varying rh readings.

Or does the capsule of the hygrometer offer insulation to try to keep the temperature inside the box consistent?

I'm sure Ajax will be able to dissect this and put it into sense.

Cheers,

Kevin

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Relative Humidity in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

K
Good Evening All. Had been making plans to hopefully start the tiling of a anhydrite floor at...
Replies
Views
S
D
I have an anhydrite screed which I have been testing with a digital hygrometer which measure...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB