Discuss removing existing floor boards - HELP in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

darrena

Hi
Need a little of advice please.
I am trying to remove all the existing floor board in our ensuite bathroom to fit a wet room shower stone and replace the remaining floor boards
The problem I have is that the existing floorboards overlap with rooms so they will all need to be cut.
I have a circular saw so have managed to get a 2sqr foot section up but the closest the saw will cut is about an inch from the wall and I need to sit the showerstone under the cavity.

Its a longshot but I wondered if anyone knew of a better method than circulat saw and hammer and chisel?

Many Thanks
Darren

M

mpajones

Yes - buy yourself (or hire) a multi tool. These oscillate rather than revolve so there's far less dust. I borrowed one off my builder recently and it went through floorboards like butter!!

He lent me a bosch GOP (cordless) 10.8v which was good the batteries go quickly
Bosch do a corded DIY one for about £80 I think
I just invested in a Fein Multimaster (literally last week) to do jobs like this and it's a dream to use for all those jobs you don't have a suitable other tool for.

S

Scott

This is the biggest problem with removing existing flooring.

The Fein or other type of mutli tool will do it but they are only a small tool and will take an age to do. I use reciprocating saw. This can be used at a slight angle and works a treat. Once you get a lot you can use a hand saw. Mind the cables and pipes though.

The stud walls should bear on a joist but dont always, just make sure that they are not resting on your floorboards and straddling the space between 2 joists or you will leave them hanging over the void. Also worth bearing in mind that the boards you are cutting are still in the other room and therefore the end you cut still needs to be supported for when you stand on them in the other room

Reply to removing existing floor boards - HELP in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
removing existing floor boards - HELP
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.