Discuss Removing grout residue on porcelain floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

P

psychopomp1

Hi

Just had my kitchen floor tiled with porcelain tiles a couple of days ago and noticed that there is a white chalky powder left on the tiles in places, which i assume is the grout residue. Despite scrubbing and mopping like mad, this powder 'disappears' when wet but it reappears when the tiles dry out. Is there anyway to remove this white powder immediately or will it gradually disappear with repeated moppings? Or should i use a cleaner such as Lithofin KF Cement Residue Remover ?

P

psychopomp1

Thanks for your replies guys. I used the Lithofin residue cement remover and it HAS removed the white cement film from the tiles but the white film still remains on the grout in places....the grout should be grey, i've now got white blotches which does not look nice :( What should i do next? Do i have to use a grout cleaner such Lithofin grout cleaner or is this not strong enough to remove the cement film from the grout? And finally once i get the grout clean, is it worth using Lithofin Grout protector (i must be lithofin's biggest customer LOL)? Its over £15 a bottle!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Removing grout residue on porcelain floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB