Currently reading:
Removing PVA glue from concrete floor

Discuss Removing PVA glue from concrete floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

brucelee

Hi all, first time user. I'm in need of a bit of advice and hope someone can help. I'm about to tile a kitchen floor (which is concrete) with 300 x 300 quartz tiles. When the kitchen fitter was working in there, he decided to coat the floor with pva to make it easier for him to clean up the dust when dry. This has now left me in a bit of a pickle because pva is a no no and will automatically fail my job. I was thinking of using a tanking membrane to separate tile adhesive from pva or maybe using a heat gun to burn the glue. Does anyone have any other solutions pleases......

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Removing PVA glue from concrete floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB