UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss removing tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
I can't really see how it would leave a plasterboard intact tbh.

Doug - The video showed him taking the tiles off and leaving the adhesive behind. He then said to remove this using a steam cleaner - so much for making sure the surface you tile onto is clean, sound, flat and erm, dry. In fairness they were also removing dispersion adhesive rather than cement based adhesive. But I am with you on the plasterboard - will be lucky to have than unscathed after.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Doug - The video showed him taking the tiles off and leaving the adhesive behind. He then said to remove this using a steam cleaner - so much for making sure the surface you tile onto is clean, sound, flat and erm, dry. In fairness they were also removing dispersion adhesive rather than cement based adhesive. But I am with you on the plasterboard - will be lucky to have than unscathed after.

Yep I've got one very similar and it does generally leave addy on the wall so you have to clean off anyway, and I've never had a plasterboard that hasn't been damaged in some way when removing tiles!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
The red one from tradetiler is good.
The one on ebay - I had and it pretty much disintergrated after 3 walls. It isn't built to take repeated hammer blows like the tradetiler one. First the screws repeatedly come loose, next it becomes mishapen and then it falls to bits.
As to leaving the plasterboard in perfect condition - neither of these tools can honestly claim that - depends on what the tiles have been stuck on with and how long they've been there. Would recommend the tradetiler one if you are looking for a tool like this.

A

Al Rogers

I had pretty much the same experience as macten with the e-bay one. I bought it a few years ago to remove half a dozen tiles from plasterboard that were slightly "out" (I'm an amateur who's sworn to get in a professional next time). In every case, the blade took the line of least resistance and went past the adhesive and into the plasterboard. The blade also needed constant re-tightening. I may not be the best tiler in the world but I'm now a whizz at repairing plasterboard!

Al

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to removing tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Norcros sells Johnson Tiles UK Bathroom and kitchen products provider Norcros has finalised the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Is it possible to remove the plastic trim from the edge of tiling. I want to tile...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.