Discuss removing tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

happy dave

Hello. I have to fit plaster boards and plaster ceiling at friends house but he has already tiled up to the shot ceiling. The tiles are the 3d white brick type that are not flat so impossible to plaster up to so I think that the best way is to remove the last row of tiles near the ceiling. Can anyone advise on the best way to do this without breaking the tiles as these will need to go back on. Thank you

Well if it were me , I'd leave the tiling on , mask it up along the top good and proper. Then skim ceiling , once dry i'd go round and fill the the small bits with a scraper. It would be a pain but personally I think this would be quicker and less messy than removing the top row.

Just my view though , sometimes some jobs are just a bit knobby. :)

Good luck with it.

Diggy

I

ian158

Hello. I have to fit plaster boards and plaster ceiling at friends house but he has already tiled up to the shot ceiling. The tiles are the 3d white brick type that are not flat so impossible to plaster up to so I think that the best way is to remove the last row of tiles near the ceiling. Can anyone advise on the best way to do this without breaking the tiles as these will need to go back on. Thank you

its not impossible at all. !.i take it when you plaster you start about an inch from any corner or edge, then go back and feather in ?..

If the tiles have been fix properly, they wont OR should not be easy to remove. but you will be left with adhesive stuck on probably tile & wall. cleaning the adhesive or grout off is a pain staking timey job.

you may also find if fixed properly you could break the tiles, As the boys have said above^^ but have you asked the customer if there was any tiles left as spares?

good luck with what ever route you choose to do.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to removing tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Seems alot of talk that 20kg per mtr2 is the max weight limit for plaster. Few questions 1. its...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB