UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss removing trim but not the tile.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

i've noticed on a few pics that you guys use plastic trim and i assume this is the case on this job. just curious , how popular is the plastic trim? I know you use ali trim as well, is one used more than the other? i only ask because about 2 years ago i was out the back of my local tile shop and they were dumping hundreds of plastic trim into the bin.They said that no one uses it anymore. I know i haven't used it for about 5 years now. We tend to use powder baked enamel and anodised ali trims. They look really good if they are cut and fitted properly. Not quite as easy as the plastic as trimming was a breeze compared to the ali. So what do you guys prefer and why?

G

Gazzer

The trim I used for my bathroom (Homelux) is coloured stainless. Very tough. I've personally never liked the look of plastic trim, and aluminium scuffs very easily.

I dont realy like trim ; miters are the way forward !! (my opinion)

i like ali, better looking finish if you have to use trim, but i also worked in nz so got use to seeing it

Very good but the question was How to remove
trim, keep on topic please.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to removing trim but not the tile.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
removing trim but not the tile..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.