UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Renovating first house, need advice. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

scfirst

Hi,

The problem i have is requiring the wall the bath is going to fit against. Itsfitting in a space 1700mm wide but the walls cure inward at each end, so whenthe bath is placed against the wall there is a gap either end of 25mm. As thetile need to line up with the bath i will need to pack the ends out with extratile adhesive, so how thick can i apply it.

Also, do i fit the bath then tile or do i tile then fit the bath.

Thanks

B

bugs183

And don't tile then fit the bath, it will always leak.
I've been to quite a few jobs lately where the plumber wants to fit the bath against the tiles and says it'll be ok with silicon. No!!!
When the plumber fits the bath try and get him to to fix battons on the wall so the bottom of the bath roll fits snugly on to them, the bath will be nicely supported, and won't move when in use. Make sure they peel back the protective film where the bath meets the 3 walls,fix it to the wall with fixings, and uses silicon as well.

C

charlie1

Is there a bulge in the centre of the wall where the wall makes contact with the bath? And you don't want to pack out the wall anymore? Ok. Instead of dot dabbing the whole wall, simply dot dab the area you want to build out at each end, then feather some bonding plaster between these 2 sections using a trowel and straight edge. So to recap: plaster board the thicker bits at each end, feather the plaster between these 2 sections! Hope you follow and Good Luck

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I'm no plasterer but i reakon i could skim a 6' x 8' wall and not leave a dip anywhere near an inch! He called himself a plasterer?? I'd be having words.

I agree about dabbing new board over the top and use a level. You'd only loose 1 1/2". You could do this and then fit the bath, or fit the bath using a suporting baton well mounted and screwed and use the wall fixing brackets supplied with your bath. Then dab your board on the wall. This depends on the width of the bath rim. Ensure to leave a gap between the bath and the board and not rest the board on the bath.

Reply to Renovating first house, need advice. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.