Discuss renovation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

babs.gwynne

Hi there I am in the midst of renovating a lovely old georgian house. We are converting one room into a kitchen and to our surprise have found some quarry tiles under the carpet. only able to see edges as yet as we are temporarily using this as a work room. Any advice on tile restoration. Can it be done by enthusiastic amateur or does it need professional touch. God knows what the tiles will be like. The ones we have seen are dusty, a little stained and ? spotted with paint. Was considering rubber flooring but would like to keep as much original or semi original as poss.

T

tfs

Restore all that you can to keep as much historical/ architectural integrity as possbile in your home, it will look great and will be a great selling point if ever you are required to sell in the future. Tiles, windows, wood work and plasterwork can last hindreds of years with a little help.

Be carefull with paints etc too as there will most likely be lead paint under alot of paint surfaces e.g. doors, windows, exterior paint etc.

Reply to renovation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

B
Hi, We're currently renovating our house and under the marley tiles that were under the parquet...
Replies
Views
borgie
B
R
Hi I am in the process of decorating my house and have discovered the original hallway tiled...
Replies
Views
Runner20k
R
J
Hi First post, so please bear with me! We have just had an extension to our house built...
Replies
Views
JCTucker
J
S
Have lots of unusal display stuff - Travertine Columns - Egyptian Hieroglyphic Freeze 90 x...
Replies
Views
Stonebro2
S
S
Have lots of unusal display stuff - Travertine Columns - Egyptian Hieroglyphic Freeze 90 x...
Replies
Views
Stonebro2
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
renovation
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.