Discuss Repairing walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Hello. I've just started a bathroom and removed the existing tiles from the walls around the shower area. The tiles fell off as you can probably tell. I also had to remove the existing skirting board which revealed the brick work/rendering to the external wall.
the area around the shower is plaster most of which stayed on the wall due to the tiles falling off.
a bit of advise please.
In relation to the small area of plaster above the taps (picture below) what's the best way to level it out with the rest of the plaster which is still solid. (I'm not a plasterer by any means).
Also in relation to where the skirting was, the damaged area goes back around 10-15 mm at its worst depth. What's the best thing to use to fill to bring it out to the level of the existing render. Booths areas will be tiled.

I hope that all makes sense. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 42
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Repairing walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB