UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Replies to email enquiries in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ok, I've calmed down now so I can write without going off on one.

If you have a form on your website for potential customers enquiries, how good are you at replying? For the past few months I've been sending out emails, filling in those bloody forms, not just for stone but to marketing companies, tool suppliers etc and do you know what the overall response rate is?

It's 50%, half reply, half I never get anything back and trust me I've been making an awful lot of enquiries about buying in materials and services. I have to hold my hands up and admit that in the past I've not been that good but it beggars belief that in the times we have now companies can be so slow in responding or worse just not responding at all.

A couple that stand out for me is one training company not replying for 4 months to my enquiry then emailing me to ask if I want to attend their course beginning in 2 days time!

A stone company had pretty much all the stone I wanted in the sizes I wanted I asked for a quote 6 times :mad2: (5 emails, once I even spoke to the guy on the phone) and still no response. I think I continued to try out of sheer bloody mindedness.

Yes I know sometimes we're very busy/on holiday/get loads of enquiries but if you have someone essentially saying ' I'm thinking about spending some money with you' you try to at least acknowledge them. If you have loads of emails amend your website to say there may be a delay in replies, if some enquiries end up in your spam folder, clear it everytime you're online.

When I've spoken to some companies they've admitted that they have found the same, particularly in business to business enquiries, about 50% response rate seems to be the norm. So if you respond to an enquiry you've already seen off half the competition!

Ok rant over

Typical, I'd just posted this and got a phone call for a company I'd emailed about 15 minutes before (Hard Rock UK), really nice guy and he was great. Didn't try to sell me what I didn't need and took to time top explain what I should look for. :smilewinkgrin:
If he's not already he will be a very successful busnessman. Customer relations is no. 1 when running a business. makes you think though, if they wont respond then will they be bothered enough to provide the product or service. By not responding then they have probably done you a favour by making you call someone who provides a really good service anyway

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Replies to email enquiries in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
We have been hit by hundreds of spam accounts that are somehow passing the human anti-spam...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I havent been in the business of tiling long. With that being said as someone...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom

Thread Information

Title
Replies to email enquiries
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.