Discuss requesting help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

well....I'm not normally stuck on pricing but I'm going to ask for ideas on this.
House is a new build with underfloor (wet) in-screed heating. The job consists of entrance hall, utility room (floor only) and 4 bathrooms all with decoupling membrane.
Entrance hall 24m2
Utility room 5.6m2
bathroom ground floor 31m2 walls floor all to plasterboardand 9m2 floor
bathroom 1..20m2 walls all to all to plasterboard and 4m2 floor
bathroom 2...32m2 walls all to plasterboard and 6m2 floor
bathroom 3...32m2 walls all to plasterboard and7.5m2 floor

I don't envisage any problems tiling all looks straight forward. tiles are varying sizes all ceramic. one room they are 600x600 another they are 600x400. customer is supplying all materials, this price is for labour only, I'm just after a rough idea to see if I'm anywhere near. Thanks chaps..Mark.

Thanks to you all, I come up with 6200k as I have seen the job...so not too far out from you all.

Pete, he wants me to use Norcros adhesive and decoupler, this is because he was told by the tech people that they will guarantee the addy if used with the decoupler, told him my preference was Mapei. Cost of tiles....not sure other than expensive. I would be prepared to guarantee my workmanship but stuck on how far that guarantee should go as I have not used Norcros extensively.

Well...here be an update, put my price to the developer/owner of the property, gave him a price £5.5k, he said that I was dearer than another tiler but that was fine as I had come highly recommended...great you may think...well not so, he wanted me to start on Monday coming, I cannot start for at least 2 wks due to work booked in, he has built or had the house built for his mum, he knew he was to be needing a tiler, why on earth do people leave til the last minute, so I don't think its my job.

don't you know Mark thats how builders work ring you on Friday to start Monday that what they call being
organized

He said he will keep my number as he has much more work coming up, I said to give me a bit more notice next time, you never know, I may get a weeks notice..
Have been told to be weary of him as he is a pain in the rear to work for, this was by the brother of the bloke who recommended me.

Reply to requesting help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Italy
I
W
I will be doing full bathroom renovation, and the plan is to build a walk in shower due to the...
Replies
Views
Paul Bleasdale
P
D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
requesting help
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.