UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Resealing a Slate Floor in a business in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

loriwat

Hi , We clean a salon & day spa and they have slate flooring on the main traffic areas and in a pedicure room (in this room the finish looks real waxie I dont know if it is because the products they use in the pedi cure room are waxie & gritty but this room looks terrible) and also when they had the floor installed and a finish applied at that time (aprox. 2ys ago) they put an entry matt at the front door with a rubber backing which has ruined the floor finish at the entry. The rest of the traffic area"s are okay no problems except they didnt do a very good job applying the finish some places are done in Matt and some are either Semi-Gloss or Gloss..... We are going to redo the finish what I need to know is:
1. does it have to be stripped first?
2. anything special for the pedi-cure room?
3. what is the best finish for this enviorment?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.........

Thank you,

Lori
(Idaho Falls, Id)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hey and welcome to the forums, i'll just give this one a bash but Ascot tiling on here is pretty damn good with slates, I think he imports them too.

HG range of gear is good stuff, HG do a sealer stripper (not a lady i'm affraid - sorry, bad joke) and a sealer that you can reseal over it a couple of times and it not look too different between high traffic and under the desk sort of thing.

In the place where chemicals will be used, i'd try and opt for an Epoxy grout (if you can be bothred to regrout that is) and then use the same sort of sealer, or just a mat one, that shouldn't show up damage easily?

Hope this helps, it's late, i'll probably add something more tomorrow or somethng. :)

L

Leatherface

You need to strip the sealer off and use Lithofin products only. HG is cheapo stuff. Lithofin Stain Stop is the sealer and use one of their strippers. It's very expensive, but it's the best stuff.

I agree "partially"

I used Lithofin before I discovered LTP - Lithfin is good - but LTP is far better in every respect - cheaper also.
Try phoning Specialsit Tiling Products in Harrogate for brochure - they also deliver or will advise you of a stockist

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Resealing a Slate Floor in a business in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Need some advice please on sealing Slc. Not sure if I'm in the right place for this but worth a...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H
I'm just wondering if my glazed ceramic tiles need sealing before I grout them... I applied...
Replies
Views
O
Is it feasible to grout crema g Limestone prior to sealing? Not something I would normally do...
Replies
Views
been asked to reseal limestone floor about 100 m2. not seen the job yet but guy says it has been...
Replies
Views
jonnyc
J
T
Hi guys I am after a bit of advice. I have spent some time reading through posts but it all...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.