Discuss Resolve this on going debate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

You are asked to tile 4 floors in 2 houses. The houses are identical. Each house has a ground floor bathroom with separate shower tray, the floor is screed. the 1st floor bathroom is identical except the floor is wooden (Ply) of sound construction and is free from deflection. Both floors in house one will be having Electric UFH. House 2 is identical apart from there being no UFH.

You have a choice of Cement tile backer board or Marmox type boards. Price of materials is not the issue. None of the rooms are classed as wetrooms.

So which would you use and give reasons.

C

Colour Republic

In reality I probably would.

But there are other issues I would take into account. What other floor coverings are they meeting and what is the height of those. Are there any cost issues (Although using one system may mean less wastage so therefore cheaper). You could go straight on to screed in house 2 but then marmox would add some insulation so not cold underfoot. Is the UFH in house 1 the primary source of heat on secondary? What type of tiles are they?

If you took house 1 (UFH) out of it, would you use any sort of backer board? Depends on how happy you are to tile to ply I suppose.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Resolve this on going debate in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi All, Appreciate the wealth of knowledge on here, so i would like to ask for some input on...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 59001
D
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
Just been to look at a bathroom floor the customer wanted slate to an area of 4m2,the whole...
Replies
Views
C
Hi Guys, I'm after a tiler who can quote for a small shower-room for me approx 9ft x 6ft. Was...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Resolve this on going debate
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.