UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss restoring marble tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lexy

Hi, Could anybody please help. I have had large marble tiles laid ,the two numbnuts that laid them obviously did not have a clue. They grouted them first and then sealed the tiles without removing all the grout which has gone on the majority of all the tiles. They look awful and i would like advice on who i could go to to have them buffed up and all the grout removed. I live in the Bridgend area [Wales].
Thankyou
Lexy

L

lexy

:ban: All NUMBNUTS I COULD THINK OF OTHER NAMES BUT THIS WILL HAVE TO DO.
Thankyou PHG for replying. My tiles are not polished they measure about 36 inch lenght and 18 inch wide there are a few lips here and there also. im looking for someone to come a nd do a restoration job on the ones that have been laid and then carry on and finish relaying the other ones. I do have pictures and will try and load them, dont hold your breath though im not very techie person.

T

Topshop

Nice thing about the limestone is that I doubt the oils or colorants from the grout will sink into the stone enough to discolor it. So you got lucky that the installer didn't seal it before install.

If the stone has a honed of brushed finish you can use a cleaner pad on a (175 rpm) swing machine to remove the residue - not sure if they are available in your area - we can find them in janitorial supply stores here and we can rent the machine to do it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to restoring marble tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.