Discuss Rite tool for the job? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pro-spec

I'm doing 14 kitchen splash backs for a council, I've got a rubi t40+ and a decent sized wet saw but I could do with something small to cut my L,s etc round sockets and what not. Wet saws too big for these cheap 6" flimsy tiles.

4" angle grinder? Too much dust?
Jig saw with tile blade maybe?

Just wanting to know if you guys have a little nifty tool you like to use for small tiles etc?

C

charlie1

Back in the day I had an old Plasplugs electric cutter with a decent blade in that was just perfect for 4" kitchen tiles.

I made a little tray for it to sit in and you could have it there on the (protected) countertop as you were working.

Not much use for much else but perfect for little jobs.

Thats what I started with, plays plugs master tiler then contractor I think great machines, I think if I was ever going down this route again though then I'd get the really small one.... Can't remember the name??

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rite tool for the job? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
We are currently getting our whole house refurbished. The standard of the work as been very high...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im a DIYer doing a lot of work on an old house we are f restoring. I have put down a...
Replies
Views
To tiling contractors that hire tilers, where do you advertise to find tilers to fill the rolls...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB