Guest viewing is limited

Discuss River Rock-how much do you try to adjust the sheets? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Just curious to see how picky I am with this stuff....we always cut the sheets apart for river rock because they don't fit together and the spaces (we think) are terribly obvious and show around every sheet. It seems to be a real PITA and other guys have told me not to worry about it and just put 'em in the way they come out of the box.

For those that have installed river rock, do you just let them go down the way they come out of the box and not worry about it? We have one to do soon and I know I'm going to be :mad2: .

We did this floor last summer and I think it looks OK, but each sheet got cut into 3-5 pieces to try and hide the edges of the sheets. Very time consuming and not profitable!

Attachments

• river rock 2.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 49
  • river rock 1.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 41
R

Rob Z

OK guys, you're making me feel better about this. I'm not the only one then....Gary, thanks, I'm glad you couldn't notice the edges of the sheets. On that job I think we installed 80 sq feet of that stuff, and it took FOREVER.

Customers just don't get it when you tell them it's going to be a lot more labor to install that stuff "What's the big deal Rob, the sales girl in the showroom said this is really quick to install because it's on sheets." :mad2:

Reply to River Rock-how much do you try to adjust the sheets? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
River Rock-how much do you try to adjust the sheets?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.