Discuss rough quote, 50m2 Limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

been to see a job and I just want to get a feel for roughly what folk might price

new kitchen being fitted
existing floor tiles & adhesive to be removed by customer, which should hopefully leave a level concrete floor - customer is a building project manager & understands the floor needs to be flat & level, so little, if any prep needed by me (fingers crossed).

Any prep work can be assessed & priced later.

So, just a price for fitting 50m2 of 600x300 Limestone in brickbond. To include adh, grout & sealant??

There's no ufh, but would you be pushing for de-coupling onto the concrete?
(i discussed it but he wasn't too keen at 1st)

Thanks

D

Daz

I don't come across 60 x 30 limestone very often (in fact I can't recall ever). What limestone is it? You do get some darker limestones that you can fix prior to sealing.

I did a floor today that was approx. 460 x 310 Antalya limestone (very pale). I fixed prior to sealing and if you work clean this is achievable although quite stressful :lol:. I will seal prior to grouting and then seal again until the stones are perfectly saturated.

Is this one room or many? Cuts will have an influence on the pricing.

he's not actually bought them yet, 60x30 is what he's looking for. I've recommended a decent stone place near me, so I should know a bit more when they choose.

Calibrated? All the Limestone i've ever done has been calibrated, if its not i'll cross that bridge at the time.

The room is going to be an L shape, tiles going in before the kitchen. Cuts should be ok for the room shape.

as for £50 p/m2 - I'd love that, but reckon it'd be pushing it a bit
realisticly its more likely to be around £25-£35

R

Richard Edwards

I would say you would clear a good margin at about £2100-£2200 on the info you have provided. On basis of all prep done. ie dead flat and clean and all u have to do is prime and go. If L shaped and non UFH and one room then you probably will not need un-coupling mem. We are normally top end on price so I'm suprised at some members suggesting more. Hope you get it.

PS - I do Limestone from time to time and never seal until after grouting although I know many that do before and between ady and grout. Doug's advise is good - Work Clean and I would add - clean off as you go and be meticulous with cleaning off as u go - every tile as you lay it

R

Richard Edwards

Stone fixing in South London is going down in price per m2. I was advised recently by a mate who has a shop to go in for a travertine job at £45m2 incl of materials. 32m2 in total. Put that price in, I've got the job, one tiler wanted £80 m2 ex mats, another £60 inc mats and 2 others close to my quote. Tough times out there, but better be working than not at all.

Glad u got the work Fred - Don't forget to put the pics on the JOTM Competion - We would like to see it when finished

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to rough quote, 50m2 Limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Guys. Customer has one of those townhouses where the bottom floor is dug into the ground so...
Replies
Views
Folks This may not be the right Forum to post this on but I'm sure some of you will be...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
S
Ok so just putting this out there for a mate of mine to see if anyone would like to take on...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
Hi Guys Got a project to price up for a February start. New build with a 50mm concrete base...
Replies
Views
Really need advice. 80m2 limestone floor is underway, Alpha screed, all moisture tested, sanded...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Leeds

Thread Information

Title
rough quote, 50m2 Limestone
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.