UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss rubi 45 degree trowel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

but when you use a normal trowel dave you always use that at an angle so a 10mm actually spreads a depth of 5mm
get my point !!!!

Then you need to use your trowel properly then :lol: because using the correct angle gives more depth than that.

The trowel above rubi is just designed to give the full bed depth with less stress on the users wrist, so
My comment was in reply to yours about adhesive comps.

So how can you back up your remark?

G

Gazzer

but when you use a normal trowel dave you always use that at an angle so a 10mm actually spreads a depth of 5mm
get my point !!!!

More like 8mm I believe.

Having used these trowels I am still undecided. I dont actually like spreading adhesive with one or cleaning it afterwards but I do like the fitting the tiles onto the adhesive spread on the floor when using one.

D

DHTiling

More like 8mm I believe.

Having used these trowels I am still undecided. I dont actually like spreading adhesive with one or cleaning it afterwards but I do like the fitting the tiles onto the adhesive spread on the floor when using one.

But would you say it is a ploy by adhesive comps to sell more adhesive , even though rubi don't make tile adhesive :)

They're on my list to try, anything to ease my RSI in the right elbow and forearm. Got to say anything that makes getting a better and even spread of addy easier is worth a go. Reckon they might be a bit of a chore to clean if you leave them to long but hey so what if they work.

Trial delayed as my mixer started growling at me today and smells funny (n.b this does not relate to a person before you jump in with the funnies)

Reply to rubi 45 degree trowel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I need a tile cutter gor 600x600 Italian porcelain and am close to pulling the trigger on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.