UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Rubi DU-200-L-BL or vitrex? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

craigd

hay guys i'm going to buy my first bridge cutter and i was wondering if i could get any advice, i like the Rubi DU-200-L-BL and can get it for about £285 but i can also get the Vitrex Power 800 Bridge Tile Saw 800W for £190 or the Vitrex 103450 Versatile Power Pro 900 for £190, i know rubi are really good but it looks like these ones could take bigger tiles, and advice would be great.

K

kendo1

Hi.
I use the Vitrex 900. It's a good saw, no problems with it so far. I did 28 bathrooms with it last year and the blade is still almost as good as new. The only downside was me leaving it outside in the pouring rain at Balquhidder over a weekend. It doesn't like that. I had to dry the switches.
Never used the Rubi so can't comment on it.
The only bad point is when using it to cut mitres. The blade tends to chip travertine. Maybe another blade would not do this.
Added: There is no chipping whatsoever when the blade is vertical.
Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rubi DU-200-L-BL or vitrex? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum but tiled a few DIY jobs for friends and family over the years. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Hi all I was wondering if anyone could get me any advice on which tile cutter to go for please 🤞...
Replies
Views
Hi Has anyone got or used the Rubi du 200 evo 650 electric Cutter, I was thinking of...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.