Discuss RUBI Dw200n....... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

i sold my dw200n about 5 years ago and bought the dewalt d24000 to replace it.

it was a poor cutter. it used to wonder off line and didn't cut straight. this was a very common problem. it also started to rust quickly too and it weighed a ton. i think i got £400 for mine but that was 2008 and then rubi discontinued it.

on the positive side,i think you would pull in anything from £300-£400 depending on condition because i know a lot of tilers who still like & use this saw around merseyside so it will have a market.

better to get £300 rather than it sitting in the garage redundant.
all the best cj, hope it sells quick ;0)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

charlie1

i sold my dw200n about 5 years ago and bought the dewalt d24000 to replace it.

it was a poor cutter. it used to wonder off line and didn't cut straight. this was a very common problem. it also started to rust quickly too and it weighed a ton. i think i got £400 for mine but that was 2008 and then rubi discontinued it.

on the positive side,i think you would pull in anything from £300-£400 depending on condition because i know a lot of tilers who still like & use this saw around merseyside so it will have a market.

better to get £300 rather than it sitting in the garage redundant.
all the best cj, hope it sells quick ;0)

had no idea they where poor and the cuts wandered. I would imagine making a few passes across the face of the tile before making the full cut could sort this?

C

charlie1

:idea3: How much do you think they are worth second hand?

mint condition, Rubi blade.

Thinking of selling mine as its stuck in the garage, as I'm only ickle, and it's too bloody heavy for me.

looking at the 2400.

I only ever really get the dewalt out on a stone job, everything else is grinder. Yes, the dewalt is an absolutely amazing cutter but not for run of the mill installations, just get the buzzer out which brings me to my own dilemma, get more stone work or be more creative with my porcelain doing more bespoke work that will stretch the legs of the dewalt or sell to someone who will put to better use than me.

Reply to RUBI Dw200n....... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I need a tile cutter gor 600x600 Italian porcelain and am close to pulling the trigger on the...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, apologies if this has already been covered before but I couldn't find anything in the forum...
Replies
Views
Hi Gents, I've got two cutters, a TS-40 and a TS-60, along with a wet saw. However I'm finding...
Replies
Views
Already possess Rubi TX700N but it's very unwieldy in small spaces and for slicing small tiles...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB