Discuss Rubi question ND and TX/TXN series in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stefanm

Ok, as I have been living in Goa, India for the past 2 years, I have been trying to import some tiling tools, first atempt was Montolit from Italy and my second was from China, importing is a huge headache over here, agents/middlemen are not interested as my quantity/value is low, though from China it's possible, the thing is I would be ordering from 3 companies, 2 of them are verified and descent quality products, the 3rd i'm not so sure about, as time is money, i don't want to waste either. Earlier I had posted that Rubi had launched some products here, but they were very expensive, after months of negotiation and their need to establish business here, they have given me more reasonable pricing, still considerably more than in 'rip off britain'! So I have decided to go for the Rubi models.

I have been quoted for the ND 180 and 200, the 180 is not the BL version, but the same as the 200, with a slightly smaller table, i think 3" lenghth and 1" width or visa versa, over 100 pounds in difference, would the 180 be a good option over the 200?

Secondly, I have been quoted for the TX900, should I go for this or go for the TXN900?
I think the TXN is more expensive.

Any advise is welcome.

Cheers,

Stefan

S

stefanm

The 180 over the 200 is depth of cut..

The tx n over the tx standard is personal choice over whether you do a lot of 45 cutting.. i would just get the tx900..:)

Thanks for the reply Dave, I was just checking online, the 180 has a 0.37 kw motor and the 200 has a 0.88kw motor, i guess the 200 would be better, we don't cut anything above 20mm anyway, would the 180 surfice or should I go for the 200?
We also do alot of 45 cutting, so whats the diffrence, which one to go for?

cheers,

Stefan

Reply to Rubi question ND and TX/TXN series in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I come from Taiwan and got a 60x120x1.2 floor tile job. But i only have Rubi DU-200L, so...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
HI, Walls are prepped, have the right materials and tools, but still debating the layout on...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Rubi question ND and TX/TXN series
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks