Discuss Rubi Ti 75 Breaker-Broken! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,
Not been doing the job too long in the scheme of things and purchased the rubi Ti because thought it looked solid and built for purpose. On breaking a 9mm ceramic tile the breaker sheared off in two. I have had it for 18 months and to be fair has not been used that much, surprised that it broke so easily. Is that sort of the thing fairly common? Although under a five year warranty I have just been told by Buy Brands that warranty does not cover it. Not quite sure what else is likely to go wrong on a cutter?! Will contact Rubi and see what the score is..disappointing service really.
Interesting to see if I am just lucky or fairly common....

R

redlee

I have a Ti 66s and the breaker foot snapped in half on that, i bought it from tradetiler originally so phoned David to explain and he posted out one that he took from a stock machine. The replacement has had a slight redesign to improve its strength, i can't see how the breaker foot isn't covered on warranty it's not like a scoring wheel that you'd expect to replace through wear and tear.
Sounds like the supplier was trying to fob you off, give them a bell back and ask them nicely to sort it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
This isn't common at all, and to be honest its the first time I've heard of it. I'm a rubi user (or used to be).

I'd get in touch with Rubi and see what they can do for you. I think all rubi parts are replaceable so you'll be able to get another, it's just whether it's FOC or not I guess.

Very strange though.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
I have a Ti 66s and the breaker foot snapped in half on that, i bought it from tradetiler originally so phoned David to explain and he posted out one that he took from a stock machine. The replacement has had a slight redesign to improve its strength, i can't see how the breaker foot isn't covered on warranty it's not like a scoring wheel that you'd expect to replace through wear and tear.
Sounds like the supplier was trying to fob you off, give them a bell back and ask them nicely to sort it.
same happend to me only twice third time i got a stronger foot. rubi has gone down hill big time imo :thumbsdown:

Reply to Rubi Ti 75 Breaker-Broken! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, relatively new to tiling but I’m giving it a good go! I’m having major probs with my...
Replies
Views
Andrew Smith
A
For Sale - Rubi TS-60 Plus Few years old but very good condition as you can see. Replaced the...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
Just been browsing Rubi's Facebook page. And I thought tile cutters only got introduced in...
Replies
Views
Bearing Scoring Wheels for RUBI Tile Cutters - Used them? Any good? They've been out for a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Rubi Ti 75 Breaker-Broken!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.