UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Rubi TS40 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

waynestores

Hello to you all,
I'm after buying a dry tile cutter and am looking at the Rubi TS40, it has a maximum cutting length of 430mm, will this be big enough for most jobs that I'll come across (if I get any). I've looked at the bigger Rubi Tile Cutters but they come at a price, and I don't really want to pay a fortune. If this tile cutter is no good, could you experts please suggest a different one, also are those laser levels any good???
Wayne

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Why not the plus version, curiosity only:)

If you score the tile right, it doesn't matter how much leverage you apply, if it's going to break it will break with the lesser standard version.

As Rubi's last sooooo long, Rubi needed to make a superior cutter so we can all upgrade. When actually, I'd never seen a problem with the old Rubi's and I worked for Topps Tiles and Tiled for a living, and then trained people using Rubi's. Never saw one breaker take any hassle at all.

If you Porcelains are not breaking on a standard cutter, it's probably not anything to do with the amount of weight you're applying, it'll be the tile design.

You can score the tile, and spin it around and lightly tap behind the score line up and down the tile and it'll break no matter what thickness or strength. The + Rubi's are just a con IMO.

C

Concept PHT

If you score the tile right, it doesn't matter how much leverage you apply, if it's going to break it will break with the lesser standard version.

As Rubi's last sooooo long, Rubi needed to make a superior cutter so we can all upgrade. When actually, I'd never seen a problem with the old Rubi's and I worked for Topps Tiles and Tiled for a living, and then trained people using Rubi's. Never saw one breaker take any hassle at all.

If you Porcelains are not breaking on a standard cutter, it's probably not anything to do with the amount of weight you're applying, it'll be the tile design.

You can score the tile, and spin it around and lightly tap behind the score line up and down the tile and it'll break no matter what thickness or strength. The + Rubi's are just a con IMO.
I can definatley fell the difference between the 2 ;)

T

tjsmiler

Sorry Dan but i agree With Anthony on this one mate. Can deffo feel the difference with the Rubi plus. Personally if you asked me to choose out of the 2 you mentioned i would have bought the 600mm, i have the 40mm + but am using it less and less as customers are going bigger and bigger all the time.

But hey i have the Rubi 900mm too, need a tank to move it about but i do use it all the time so well worth the money.

T

tony TLC

i dont rate the ts plus much mine lasted 1 and a half years then the breaker was causing tile off on my cuts so i have gone back to ts 40 great for everday but i also have tx700s for the bigger jobs
my last student has ts 600plus but keeps borrowing my TX
ts600 is a little weighty for humping arround
but go for the best cutter you can afford it will earn its own keep

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rubi TS40 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I need a tile cutter gor 600x600 Italian porcelain and am close to pulling the trigger on the...
Replies
Views
HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.