Discuss Rubi ts50 plus or Big Clinker in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

the ts 50 plus is a lot more expensive and you are limited to the size of tile you can cut ,i have gone off the point breaker cutters and now prefer cutting macines that break along the full length of the tile the reason for this is the amount of porcelain i seem to do these days and rarely get a ceramic job ,on price and versatility i would say big clinker on build quality and accuracy i would say rubi ts

G

garretridge

the ts 50 plus is a lot more expensive and you are limited to the size of tile you can cut ,i have gone off the point breaker cutters and now prefer cutting macines that break along the full length of the tile the reason for this is the amount of porcelain i seem to do these days and rarely get a ceramic job ,on price and versatility i would say big clinker on build quality and accuracy i would say rubi ts

which cutter are you talking about and use gary!

S

Spud

The tile cutters I have at the moment are a rubi ts 40 plus which I use for ceramics ,I also have the ts 60 plus which I dont really use too often these days ,I have the nouva battipav superpro 750 which is an excellent single rail ,sprung bed porcelain cutter and I have the superpro 900 as well,I have the Tx 1200n which I have had an up and down relationship with, I was speaking to a guy who repairs cutting machines and he gave me a few tips on how to get the best out of the Rubi tx1200n so I have ordered some new spares for it as it took a battering on the last job I had where we had a lot of 1200x600 tiles to cut.wet cutters, I have a rubi d 300 which is 20 years old but still cutting well very, powerful 3hp motor eats most natural stone and porcelain tiles ,I have a stayer cer400 which cuts a 1200 tile, bridge cutter,nice machine but takes alot of setting up to get the best out of it and last week I got a really good deal on a 110v dewalt D2400 which had only been used for one small bathroom and only cost me £560 in nearly brand new condition

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Rubi ts50 plus or Big Clinker in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I need a tile cutter gor 600x600 Italian porcelain and am close to pulling the trigger on the...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone. I've decided to come off the tools for the foreseeable future and take some...
Replies
Views
HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Rubi ts50 plus or Big Clinker
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.