Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Rubi tx700 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tfs

Recently treated myself to a rubi tx 700.

first impression was not good, I was cutting 450x450 ceramics on diagonal and the cutter seemed to break the tiles frequantly meaning that I had to snap many of them over my knee.

perhaps there is a knack to cutting ceramics?

I have just done some 600x600 polished porcelain however, the cutter cut these with great ease.

I have so far come to the conlclusion that this is a cutter for porcelain but maybe not for ceramics.

does anyone have the same problem?

I will be asking one of the rubi reps next chance I get.

I should highlight that I am very happy with it performance cutting 600x600 porcelain (If I could make one change it would be to make the support arms longer as you need to balance 600x600 with your free hand when cutting 150mm or less from these large tiles)

T

tfs

these ceramics where 8mm thick and pretty solid:lol:

I will need to have a play around next time Im using similar tiles.

I tried applying pressure by pushing down on breaker and I also tried tapping the breaking lever rather than pushing. I got a few decent breakes on the ceramics but, if I didnt have spare tiles it would have been an inconvenience so I felt that it was a bit unreliable on the ceramics. I have only used it twice so time will tell.:thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

He's older than me!
By 1 year.

With these big tiles I tend to just score with the cutter and use a hammer on the back.
I usually say scribe and keep the score term for football and women - that's why I've never used it for years:smilewinkgrin:

Scribe is the correct term TJ, I used the word score to try to relate to a younger generation of would be tilers. If you are one year younger than me , then you must be 38yrs old:thumbsup:

Reply to Rubi tx700 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I need a tile cutter gor 600x600 Italian porcelain and am close to pulling the trigger on the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am selling my Rubi Speed Magnet 62 for £150. Less than a year old (purchased July '21)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Rubi tx700
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.