UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss S.Hunt in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

S.Hunt

Hi everyone.

Booked on the course at the North east tiling in december. I am just wondering what my best way of geting work is once ive completed the course. I am only 20 yrs old so think i am possibly abit young to start up my own business straight away but i am aiming to do so in a couple of years once more experiance is gained so was hoping to maybe work for an agency or perhaps work for someone else i.e. sub contracting etc anyone know how to go about this?
Or anyone that works nationwide interested in taking on as i have own transport and no real ties working away is not a problem.
Cheers.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I ran a business at a young age and still do now at 24. I think it's possible to tile at a young age, i've seen many do so, and make a really good living out of it.

Advantages of a new tiler include; possibly knowing more about newer adhesives and tools that older tilers 'just have ways to do it', your training is fresh in your mind and providing you are quick enough, you could actually be a better tiler, maybe. Also you could have trust in the internet which is a powerful place that older tilers don't visit, there's even a thread from Clealsea Tile on here asking for tilers to join them if you're close to them.

If it is you want to work with a team, for confidence (and I think it is only confidence that stops you going on your own) then give a few local tilers a call and bull yourself up a bit, after actually doing some work for friends and family to iron out any problems you may have overlooked.

Good luck either way and remember, we're here :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to S.Hunt in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am after some advise...I am mid 40's, have worked in an office environment my whole...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
Evening Guys, You have probably seen many posts like this coming...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.