UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

S2

Discuss S2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jontee

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, I was on new members site last week, Suave and Dave very helpfully adviced me I would need a S2 addy for a slightly under spec overlayed floor with 12mm ply glued and screwed as required (very firm floor )

Question is where I live on the east coast near Whitby, non of the builders outlets have any addy to the S2 standard only S1 add sbr etc, most have never heard of S2. A firm at Scarborough has loads of Mapei grout but no Mapei addy or any S2 addys ?
The floor Im doing is about 11 Sq/m 2 bags maybe 3 if using a S2, I dont want to travel miles to find addy, plus I dont want to be left with a spare unopened bag, or a wasted part used .

Iam joiner by trade, so am quite confident with the floors deflection (solid old house), but havnt tiled floors for a while (used to, but before new spec etc came in, ) spot the excuse !

Any Idea where my closest supplier could be without having to travel miles.

regards jontee

Somerset
Jontee

Traditionally most tilers bought a good quality adhesive (e.g. Mapei Keraflex) and added a latex mix to get it to S2 grade. You can both both online with fast delivery times from a number of companies - just type "buy Mapei Keraflex" into any good search engine. Alternatively go to Bathroom & Kitchen Tiles and find your nearest shop to buy over the counter. Most manufacturers now sell a dedicated "S2" adhesive - Mapei's produce Ultraflex Mono and Ultraflex Quick. But I believe that Ardex produce one, and BAL produce Single Part Fastflex. If you dont have a Tile Giant close to you then visit nearest tile retailer and make enquiries.

Andy C

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to S2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.