Currently reading:
Same tile - different makes?

Discuss Same tile - different makes? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Carl Morrison

Quick question guys... im sure im seeing the same tile under different names?...and very different prices!

A.P.E Tracia Beige porcelain tile 60 x 40cm - cheapest I can find on the net is around £36m2
Baldocer Alpine Sand porcelain tile 60 x 40cm - which I can find for £15.50m2

I have a full APE Tracia tile, and only a 20cm2 sample of the Baldocer tile, however the back is EXACTLY the same with CE mark and numbers matching exactly and in the same place exactly... the designs are all different on this type of tile so the front its difficult to tell.

Could this be the same tile....perhaps just different name badge? Is this common?

I know I like the APE because I have two full tiles... im getting quoted £30 delivery for a full tile sample of the Baldocer :eek:( If I could confirm it was the same tile Id be happy!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Same tile - different makes? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm doing a "meantime", part improvement job in own small bathroom after sink unit / wc change...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB