Discuss Sandbanks in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

I am lucky enough to live in a very nice part of the country, I have Lymington one side of me full of rich people and Sandbanks the other full of filthy rich people so I tend to get some pretty nice work. However I also see some terrible work and awful workmanship, so I wanted to tell you all about a jobI was told about this week, just incase you thought that money gets you good tradesmen...

The house is worth £22m, Harry rednapp (spelling?) lives on the same road and rumour has it Tom Cruise is looking to buy there. The builder had a felt roof put on this house, painted it green and sold it as a copper roof. The same builder was getting behind his plans so he told the plasterers to mix white paint in with the plaster to save time and money on getting painters in. When they had finished it looked awful so the builder tells the buyers that it is Italian polished plaster. And finally the steam room is tiled with marble mosaics with LED lights in the grout joints, it looked lovely but there is not 1 movement joint in the entire house, maybe they had ran out of silicone?

Just thought Id share this with you as I wasnt sure if I wanted to laugh of cry...

R

Rich

Sounds like a plan! Although they do tend to lack imagination, last job I did in sandbanks was worth £11 million and it was tiled with bumpy whites!

He is for real and is making a hell of a living out of it as well. We all see bad workmanship in this job but it just seems so wrong in a place like that. Dont know why, it is no worse than anybody else being ripped off.

Most trades would cut an arm off to get on a job like that. If I ruled the world :smilewinkgrin:

U

user123

But in all seriousness, if you want to post me some cards I would be more than happy to pass them on the my customers?

Let's do that, together with your cards or leaflets, somehow making it clear that you would install the mosaics delivered on mesh - or reverse method, whatever you'd prefer. PM me your address and I send you a bunch of cards :) you never know! :thumbsup:

R

Rich

Had a double take on the user name for a minute - Rich - talking about Sandbanks.

If you can imagine that area 38 years ago and it was not the 3rd most expensive stretch of land in the world then.
Started my apprenticeship doing blocks of 3/4 story flats there.

The place is silly over priced, but there are still areas that look rough! I did a flat out there that looked like Del boy's pad. Cant remember how much it went for but lets assume it was more than I could afford.

Some of the places are stunning but I think a lot of people in this area have more money than sense.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
Think I have found it - but keep forgetting to take my camera and its not the easiest place to take photo... just before you go onto Sandbanks spit before the hotel - can only be seen really coming away from the peninsula - right next to juncion of chaddesley glen - have a look next time you are there Rich and see what you think

Reply to Sandbanks in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Sandbanks
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.