UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Sanding emulsion painted walls - nasty in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Just finished a tiling job this week - part of it invloved sanding 12 sq m of emulsion painted walls prior to tile fixing. Never again. It was horrible dusty, nasty work. The dust managed to get in through my goggles and in through the sides of my dust mask. Kept having to stop and let the dust settle so I could see what I was doing. This was despite having a vaccum atatchement on my sander. Will put these jobs in the same category as re-grouts in future :icon8:

P

Paul Sh

Just finished a tiling job this week - part of it invloved sanding 12 sq m of emulsion painted walls prior to tile fixing. Never again. It was horrible dusty, nasty work. The dust managed to get in through my goggles and in through the sides of my dust mask. Kept having to stop and let the dust settle so I could see what I was doing. This was despite having a vaccum atatchement on my sander. Will put these jobs in the same category as re-grouts in future :icon8:
What type of sander did you use.

P

Paul Sh

Surely a steam stripper does it ! am I completly wrong or what?emulsion is water based ,steam will kill it dust free
Ya would have thought so, i've just bought an orbital sander as i have a job comeing up that needs emulsion removed, the instructions say that heavy sanding of plaster or plaster board will damage the machine, pitty it did'nt say that on the box as i would not have bought it, will take it back if someone can verify the wall paper stipper method. Need to know ASAP.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sanding emulsion painted walls - nasty in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
I know you can't tile painted walls, but what would be the best course of action? Sand it back...
Replies
Views
Peter
P
R
This is linked to my earlier question about the notion of emulsion paint as a primer. I sanded...
Replies
Views
R
P
Hi, Gonna start tiling bathroom on Saturday if possible. Its a new house and everywhere is off...
Replies
Views
silver
S
A
Hi there, I'm new here, and I'm not a tiler. I would be grateful for some advice on sorting out...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
M
ive noticed quite a few posts on here with the question of how to deal with painted surfaces, so...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.