Discuss Scarborough Fair in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Just nipped to the Fair before it shut, I get dead pukey on those rides so just take photos, here are some pretty lights for ya'all :lol: oh and even passed this interesting shop with website to have a look at.. :)

DSC00081.jpg DSC00082.jpg DSC00083.jpg DSC00084.jpg DSC00085.jpg DSC00086.jpg DSC00087.jpg DSC00088.jpg DSC00089.jpg DSC00090.jpg DSC00091.jpg DSC00092.jpg DSC00093.jpg DSC00094.jpg DSC00095.jpg DSC00096.jpg

U

user123

Don't complicate life G, it's a simple song and just enjoy the sound..:thumbsup:

Sorry, quite right, too, thanks for the thought :)

I put parsley,sage rosemary and thyme in spag bol that I cooked tonight:thumbsup:

Good man, that's what I do, too, got gorgeous rosemary and thyme in the garden - can't beat a good spag bol eh? Might do that tomorrow then.. :thumbsup:

U

user123

Ohh, I thought, but am not sure, that it was finished now? Hull Fair is starting tomorrow I think, they may move onto there? I'll give it a quick google :)

Can't find a thing, daft... if it's still on they can't miss the lazershow at night, it's at the coach park not far from the town centre, I must admit I can't hear any fair noises drifting across today..

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

Thanks, me dear! Not like a proper Octoberfest is it, with beer tents and everything, that goes on all day and all night, now THOSE are FAIRS! It's only a cosy little thing, the Scarborough one, you telling me that all fairs only open in the evening here? Pants... Haven't a clue... anyhow, if it's your son's first visit to Scarborough? If they are arriving by car I'll give you some hints as to the best place to stop off first on the way in... but only if you're nice... :lol:

Oh H just said, Hull Fair is open in the daytime, too, but according to his daughter it only starts next Friday, which means the Scarborough one may still be open tomorrow :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SandyFloor

OH, I know, it was that that made me check out Scarborough in the first place when I had to decide where I wanted to live next... :) apparently the song was about the fair in Scarborough America though? Different rumours about it...

It's an old English folk ballad which was influenced by even older ballads and stories. Paul Simon picked it up when he was in London in the sixties. Although the location isn't relevant to the story I think it's fair to assume it's Scarborough in Yorkshire.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Scarborough Fair in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, probably a pretty common question but I'm going around in circles looking online for a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Evening Guys, You have probably seen many posts like this coming...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Scarborough Fair
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.