UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Schluter Expansion Products in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

richburgan

Hi All. New to this site, already learned a lot as I am new to this tiling lark!
Planning new bathroom project and advice would be much appreciated, so far:
Tiles - Travertine light filled and honed 400 x 600 x 12mm
Adhesive - Stonefix standard set flexi white bagged
Grout - Stonefix flexi (beige)
Tile seal - Lithofin Stain Seal

Plastered walls are blown and poorly fitted floorboards - Remedial action planned:
1.Rip up floorboards and fix 25mm WBP ply to joists and use Schluter Ditra mat.
2.Strip walls back to brick/breezeblock and dryline with Gyproc moisture resistant plasterboard (using Gyproc Dryline adhesive), tank area around showerbath with BAL kit. Box section around back of toilet to hide side entry soil pipe.
3.End of bath butts up against airing cupboard which is currently water damaged tiled MDF (power shower is mounted on this). Planning to rip this section off, replace with 18mm WBP Ply which will be tanked.

The areas I need clarification on are:
1.What do I do about expansion joints? (I'm not planning to have skirting) I like the look of the Schluter systems for wall corners, wall/floor joints and around bath but finding it hard to source a supplier (and I expect that they are pretty expensive!)
2.Is it adequate to dryline with the dot and dab method (can't afford to add much thickness to walls due to tight aperture for bath) or would it be advisable to add some mechnical fixing as well?
3.Is it okay to tape joints in plasterboard with usual mesh tape before tanking?
4.Will it be okay to box the soil pipe in with plasterboard over timber frame and then tile?

Apologies for all the questions but want to get this right first time.
Regards Rich.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Schluter Expansion Products in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a tiler turning up next week to tile my refurbished bathroom. He always uses Rocatex...
Replies
Views
Hi, Absolute newby here in terms of tiling. Having been doing lots of research and I think I`m...
Replies
Views
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.