Discuss Schluter Kerdi board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

I'm thinking of starting to use Schlüter Kerdi board for my wet room installations over the next few months as I only hear positive things about it.

How many of us on the forum use it, what are your thoughts and where do you buy it from :)

ruzu9ebu.jpg

http://www.kerdi-board.co.uk

http://www.kerdi-board.co.uk/media/schlueter_db_12_1_kerdi_board_uk_0509.pdf

O

One Day

I get mine via Euxton tiles (you could try other abcd group members).

It's simply the best, nicest to use, fastest way to create bonded waterproofing.
Once you've had a go it's hard to go back to other boards.

I hate how it comes in for a slagging off for being "expensive" - it's a premium product.
Peeps will moan about cost and then spend a full day farting around with a tanking kit when I can prep a wet area in a couple of hours.
Time saved = money made

D

dobragol

I get mine via Euxton tiles (you could try other abcd group members).

It's simply the best, nicest to use, fastest way to create bonded waterproofing.
Once you've had a go it's hard to go back to other boards.

I hate how it comes in for a slagging off for being "expensive" - it's a premium product.
Peeps will moan about cost and then spend a full day farting around with a tanking kit when I can prep a wet area in a couple of hours.
Time saved = money made

impish how do you compare Kerdi to other boards like WEDI , MARMOX etc. ? Would like to start using Kerdi but not sure about differences ?

O

One Day

impish how do you compare Kerdi to other boards like WEDI , MARMOX etc. ? Would like to start using Kerdi but not sure about differences ?

The best difference (for me anyway) isn't so much a technical one but it's the ease with which you can cut and trim these which makes them the best for me.
No crusty cement face to blunt blades or create dust.
I also find the printed grid handy when it comes to marking out for recesses and planning where cuts will fall.

Just a very very nice product to work with.
Nothing at all wrong with Wedi and Marmox, but Kerdi Boards are just that bit better!
Ease of use means a more enjoyable job, and they're a tad quicker to use too.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Schluter Kerdi board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Dear all, First time poster here and would like you r kind suggetion. I am getting a builder...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
W
Often I see it being used in the US and Canada. It’s incredibly rare to see anyone use it in...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB