Discuss Schluter Kerdi Shower System in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wetdec

The board in the video is not available in the uk and I thimk I am right in saying therte is no plan for it. There have been issues (its a compressive board) with it I believe and when I asked schluter to supply us with their gear 2 years ago they said they had no plans for it.

The drain amd membranes are available in the uk. Their menbranes do almost the sme as ours the main difference being our dura-ci is easier to fix due to its structure. The drain is available and aparently is quite straight forward but the industry is moving on and people are demanding better built systems giving better looking finishes which passes it by slightly.

Whichever instal you are contemplating whether it be a wood floor or concrete Wetdecs have nailed it with the Tuff2, Pro4mer, Tilux and Dura membranes, Proven systems withoutr issues.

As a direct response to you Jay the Tilux will put any concrete non grp system in the shade m8.

Tilux wet room shower tray former with wetroom drain from wetdecs

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

R

Rob Z

The concern I have with the Schluter trays is that they are so compressive/soft, and even though they will carry the load once tile is on them I don't want to work on top of them and risk damage while working in the walls. A buddy of mine has installed a few hundred of the trays and says he has no problems but it doesn't look like the thing I want use. I've done a lot of them over mud with the drain and that worked OK.

The Tilux tray...will it compress at all? And how thick is it at the edge? What do most installers do with the transition to the rest of the bathroom, meaning how do they extend the surface of the floor from the edge of the Tilux tray?

W

wetdec

The concern I have with the Schluter trays is that they are so compressive/soft, and even though they will carry the load once tile is on them I don't want to work on top of them and risk damage while working in the walls. A buddy of mine has installed a few hundred of the trays and says he has no problems but it doesn't look like the thing I want use. I've done a lot of them over mud with the drain and that worked OK.

The Tilux tray...will it compress at all? And how thick is it at the edge? What do most installers do with the transition to the rest of the bathroom, meaning how do they extend the surface of the floor from the edge of the Tilux tray?

The Tilux is dense it will actually snap with a cracking sound if you care to try :)

We sell the Tilux for concrete installs unless you are a compitent chippy in which case I dont have a problem with install into wood. A waterproof membrane is pre-fixed at the factory into the drain collar, it is this coupled with the snap in drain that gives you a fool proof seal. The membrane overlaps the former by 50mm so can be sealed to its surrounds.

:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Schluter Kerdi Shower System in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm having problems finding a tiler who knows how to use Kerdi board. I've had a few...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Schluter Kerdi Shower System
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.