Discuss Scratched marble tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Had a call at 10am today from a builder, he had laid a polished marble floor in a kitchen and they had to take out the washing machine and while doing so deeply scratched 4 tiles...customer said she wants them replaced..but they have electric underfloor heating so now he is panicking. So this is my question? How much would you charge for removing 4 tiles without damaging the underfloor heating :yikes:....I polished the scratches out and the customer was well happy with the job :thumbsup: Now the job took me 20 mins to do and i charged him £65.00 ...He thought it was to expensive for 20 mins work ...I would like to see him remove 4 tiles with underfloor heating for £65.00 :lol: Idiot!!!!

P

Pebbs

He moaned at £65.00?!!! He rang you, you went out there straight away, I want to go round there and read him the riot act. Regardless of how long it took you to do it. Id charge him a half a days rate (thats my charge out rate). I run into this all the time, some people want a job done urgently, and then have a grumble. You got him out of a deep hole there....gawds some people have a nerve complaining.

Lynn

E

enduro

Which diamond polishing pads are they with the Fein mate? Do they come with the tiling kit? Are they the black sanding ones?

No i use these.
Diamond Electroflex
Fein Triangle Pads

The triangular diamond Electroflex flexible Fein machine pads are ideal for grinding and polishing very small and difficult areas on stone floors including granite, marble, natural stones and terrazzo

Attachments

• fei_tri_pad.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
E

enduro

hes got the hump as he didnt have the nouse to do that himself, but it would have cost him more than 65 sobs for the kit

he got off lightly tell him to grow up and pay up

He payed as i said i want paying cash straight way...So he went off to get the cash and when he returned 20 Min's later i was finished and drinking tea with a happy customer...He just thought £65 was a lot of money for 20 Min's work. I didn't stop and justify my charge as i think he got very good value for money at short notice. :thumbsup:

Reply to Scratched marble tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Scratched marble tiles.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.