Discuss Scratched Tile...........help in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Silver Birch

Hi Guys
Looking for some advice please.
I laid 3 bathrooms a while back with sparkle quartz tiles, in the small cloakroom my helper(?) who was doing the plumbing for me managed to scratch the tiles putting the pedestal back under the sink when re fixing it.

Any sure fire solution without ripping tiles out, customer is a friend who is not that bothered but his OCD missis wants it sorted.

Cheers

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
Could depend on depth of scratch, ats may well respond, I have never managed or would never take on grinding or repairing scratches in these type of aglomerate tiles as it is impossible to match the factory finish , will be dependant on the type and quality of the resin binder and the make up of the body ( marble chips or such). If its deep also dishing will be easily noticed ( reflective light) and more than likly rejected as the scratch is at the moment.

As above take advice from a local restorer and they can advise and possibly view .

M

mr.tile

There is an eraser that removes smaller metal marks etc. Ask your local supplier. I use this alot. Might help, looks like this

tmp_6211-1000007436900396788.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Scratched Tile...........help in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, I'm not much of a forum poster, and am also new here to this one. Additionally, in...
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G
R
Supplied and fitted a en suite shower room, finished it a fortnight ago but the customer still...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB