Discuss Screed replacement tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Is it similar to the Lithotherm system using clay tiles to hold the pipes instead of screed. If so my only concern really would be movement as the clay tiles are relatively small so there are technically loads of joints in the substrate. Should these joints be reflected through the tile face in the same way as they should with screeds...........No idea but it is something to clarify. Most of these systems say they can be tiled but most are less than forthcoming with info on prep, adhesive type, requirement for uncoupling, joints etc etc.......

Al@Lifetiles

TF
Arms
Hi Turnip, It was back in May that i did this job and havnt been called back so everything seems to have gone according to plan! The system that was fitted was massive insulation boards - Water heating system- screed replacement tile. I fitted the stone with Keraquick and Latex plus then grouted with Ultracolour. No Ditra was used as the screed replacement tile itself is de-coupled? The guys who fitted the SRT advised me that they had plenty of floors tiled and had no problems. Apparently you can drive a mini onto floor without any movement as it is very strong. The only thing that pops up in your situation is the Ply? This seems to be a slightly different set-up to mine so would seek further advise.

turnip

TF
Arms
Apparently you can drive a mini onto floor without any movement as it is very strong. QUOTE]

not so sure about the strength of these blocks to be honest, tiles this system a few months back with quarries, and it all felt quite solid, and just done the 300x300 marble. Any problems I will report back, dont know if the Lithotherm system will catch on, I dont like it or the lack of technical advise (no ones heard of it!) thats for sure. ???????

Reply to Screed replacement tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Al@Lifetiles

Arms
TF
Thread Information

Title
Screed replacement tile
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.