UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss screeding advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

saintdom

evening all

i have a query which is not really tile related but you guys have always come up with very good answers so here goes.

my inlaws had a double garage built with a flat roof which was beam and block, the guys then just screeded it and tiled . well guess what it failed miserably, water pouring into the hall way, tiles lifted and screed turned to dust (was only about 15mm deep:yikes:

anyway they have moved to the states recently and asked if i could find someone to check it out and find what the best options.

some people have told me to membrane and screed no less than 70mm, leave for a day a mm which i sort of knew about

others have reccomended a concrete slurry , bitchumen, prime, screed.

could someone on here please point me in the right direction, i cant find a clear answer anywhere. the roof will eventually be re tiled by myself

if anyone has any ideas id be most grateful

cheers

dom

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to screeding advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Could someone give me some advice please. I'm a landscaper by trade and have laid a few...
Replies
Views
After some advice please..... We have approx. 50sq m of Dijon limestone 600 x 90 x15mm and also...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.