Guest viewing is limited

Discuss sds drill in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbo

I bought one of these the other day hasn't let me down yet, lifted a tiled kitchen floor in minutes, quite a heavy drill though. (used the Armeg chisel).

Erbauer 6kg SDS Drill

Robust design delivers outstanding performance when drilling, hammering or chiselling.
  • 1300W
  • SDS Plus
  • Drill, Hammer & Chisel
  • Adjustable Depth Setting
  • Carry Case
http://www.NoLinksToThis/sfd/i/cat/82/p4762282_l.jpg

D

doit4u

Yes I have a Ferm SDS bought from Srewfix several years ago, it was a cheap brand they used to stock, cost about £30 and had a two year warranty. It hasn't had a lot of use but has performed well and I have just removed a tile floor and cleaned up the old cement/grout with it.

I got a set of bits of e-bay, Blackspur brand, consisiting of a gouge, spike, chisel, electrians chisel and a 80mm tile chisel for 13.96 in P&P. The company was tooltime.

It depends on the use you expect to give the kit. If its going to be heavy usage on a regular basis its probably worth buying something upmarket, if the use is low a cheap one will last a fair while and anyway if you have expensive stuff and it fails after the normal one year warranty I'd be pretty gutted.

How do you get 20% off at B&Q? I can only get my Wednesday old git discount.

Wickes do a range of power tool woth 1, 3 & 5 year warranties, has anybody an experience of their kit and more importantly how good the warranty is if things do go wrong?

D

doit4u

You have my sympathy doing stuff for her in doors, give me a paying client anyday - they are more appreciative. Currently have given in after 5 years of "hints" to do a complete replacement of the kitchen and utility including tile the floor of both right through plus the hall about 35M2 in total. Started on the hall this afternoon and after laying about 4m she pocked her head round the door and said " the corner of that one isn't level with the others" must have been nearly 2mm out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to sds drill in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I removed some old tiles from the shower and wanted to know if it's possible to tile...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
sds drill
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.