Discuss Sealant Advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Adamski85

Hi

I've just finished tiling, almost anyway, my bathroom and I'm in a bit of a predicament about what colour sealant to use. The tiles are a dark grey/slate colour, and the grout is black. I need to seal down a shower screen, between two adjoining walls, and obviously along the bath. What colour sealant do people reckon will look the best?

I was thinking black sealant but not sure if this will look ok in a bathroom? Or possibly white along the bath, and black up the wall? Personally I think two different colours will look daft. What do people think?

Thanks
Adam

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I would use grey to match the tiles on the walls, (just used Mapei anthracite on grey wall tiles with slate and glass floor), white around the bath and clear on shower screen. I try to blend in the sealant to the colour closest so it doesn't stand out at all. I find that Forever Clear dries slightly translucent and goes well against the metal channels.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Here you go:-

BAL Pebble sealant used in corner joints to match tile and grout, Brown around floor joints and shower tray, white around shower tray and wall tiles

photo4.jpg photo6.jpg photo8.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sealant Advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the process of tiling with subways and just wanted some help with corners, if trim...
Replies
Views
Hi - any advice would be gratefully received. The colour of the grout in my bathroom varies...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB